Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have an Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner which is

Customer Question

I have an Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner which is compatible with a very recently downloaded Windows10.
When I click on the Epson Scan icon an image and its scanning instruction panel which was the last thing Iworked on in Windows7 comes up on-screen. The only way to get rid of this is to completely turn off the computer.
How can I get rid of this old image and therefore then be able to use the scanner with Windows10
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:Click on Start (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on System, then click on Apps & features, and uninstall the Epson program, if it's there.; If needed, Right-click on Start, then click on Control Panel, and open Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the Epson program, if it's there.Shut down / restart the computer.Click on the Epson website below:http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=88368&infoType=DownloadsThen there, download and install the Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan UtilityOpen the EPSON Scan program, and see if you can scan now.- If that does not work, or if you'd like to, we can remove windows 10, and go back to your previous working Windows 7. If needed, please let me know, so I can provide the instructions.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.