Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a 2-year old Acer laptop. This morning I lost the

Customer Question

I have a 2-year old Acer laptop. This morning I lost the sound settings - not even the laptop's internal speakers will work - as well as headphones not working. Skype isn't available as no speakers - though internet etc is working fine.I can't work out how to restore the sound. Everything else on the laptop is working fine.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of windows you are using Rosemary?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do a system restore to undo any corruption that has occurred that can cause this.To do thisGo to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category. Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel. Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore. Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore. Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button. System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.Once done, tell check if you now get sound I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I lose any data?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, this will only touch system files, but I will do this for youdo the below so I can connect please Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####mrk424
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now