Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a delonghi ESAM04.350.S Magnifica coffee machine...

Customer Question

i have a delonghi ESAM04.350.S Magnifica coffee machine... everything works except making a cappuccino or frothed milk...
hot water works, rinsing, making any normal coffee...only cappuccino doesnt work...it just says preparation under way...
i have put a new solenoid, frothing clutch and heater and thermal cut out switches...but still the same..
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. At a guess and after a little thought, I'd suspect that operation sequencing is not proceeding owing to a defect in control circuitry, and a board (or whatever controls the heating and preparation cycles) might need replacing. Also check the switch or button that controls cappucino making, to be sure there's nothing wrong there. 'Preparation underway' is a non-indicative message and is there to assure the user that something is happening. So, listen carefully to the works to be certain that nothing, or something, is happening when you start a cappucino-making cycle; it may provide further indications as to what is going on. If what you detect is simply nothing whatever, that would service to indicate a control circuitry failure I think.