Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Need some help on using a car radio with a usb flash drive

need some help on using a car radio with a usb flash drive (on a boat, in fact).
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. Ok, so you have a Pioneer unit on a boat and have a question about using a flash drive. Can you give me some more detail about what you are trying to do?Thanks.Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I have a lot of music in itunes. I want to play it on the boat through the bradio. Just bought the radio, guy in Halford said suitable. Have tried putting music from itunes onto flash drive - fine. But it asks me to load it track by track, rather than by albums. When I play it on the radio will I have to select each track separately? Should I put each album in a separate folder on the FD? I don't want to put all my music on the FD and find it's not workable. Currently play music from ipad through baby speakers - which seem to fail , and it's not convenient to have the ipad always being a music player.
I have to go out soon so thanks in advance for any help/advice and I'll be in touch again in the morning. Cheers.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me look into this and I'll be right back. If I miss you, I will be here tomorrow and for most of the weekend to continue our discussion. Steve
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you need to put the music into folders. Logically, this would be by album or artist, or both.The radio will read up to 500 folders/sub folders and 15,000 songs.Songs in a folder should play sequentially.Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. I suspected as much but the guy in Halfords said no! That's very helpful.
Also, I notice in the instruction book it says you can turn on and off the power by pressing and holding SRC Off. Do you think the unit will draw no power at all? Great if so as on the boat we don't want any power wasted, however small.
Mary
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. The radio will draw no power at all when it is off. Most if not all car radios are designed that way so as not to flatten the car battery. I hope that answers your questions.If it does, please take a second to rate the service you received. It is the only way I am compensated for my time and knowledge.Thanks very much and have a great weekend.Steve