Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Panasonic Dimension4 Inverter. It has suddenly stopped

I have a Panasonic Dimension4 Inverter. It has suddenly stopped heating. If I put on the time and then press start, it appears to work for a few seconds but then stops itself and does not function to the required time and it does not heat the contents. Any ideas ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Firstly does it work on everything else, ie oven and grill works OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know , I only ever use it as a microwave
OK well usually the problem is either the High Voltage diode or the Magnetron. Its a good quality product and well worth it if it one of these two.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what do I do now ?
Do you have any electrical test equipment such as a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
OK in that case I would suggest you take it down to a repair shop. You are dealing with high voltages in the region oe 3000 volts which will kill you stone dead. Secondly the Panasonic is not an easy appliance to deal with if you have no experience of their set-up. I guess it's make your mind up time - a. buy a new one, b. get a specialist to repair yours.Would you now kindly rate the advice given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great afternoon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** know of a good repair company ? I am based in Surrey
Can you give me your postcode and I can have a look see who I have got, it may be a cose of them collecting or you delivering as most service companies dont do microwave repairs as the new ones are cheaper than they can repair the old but good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure TW20 Egham. What likely repair costs am I looking at if it is the diode or magnetron ?
You are likely to be looking in the region of £50 to do the repair, the diode about £8 the magnetron anywhere around £50 but you might get a non Panasonic one for about £35. I will come back to you in the morning with a company when I can get to my computer at work Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****