Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Am using a panasonic blu ray player UB900 with one hdmi

Customer Question

am using a panasonic blu ray player UB900 with one hdmi directly to 4k tv and the hdmi audio out to my AV receiver. My movies play great with picture and sound but when I go to netflix and play a movie I get perfect picture but no sound at all. Can you help
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Your TV have a setting that disables sound to the TV speakers when using HDMI.

Try temporarily disconnecting the HDMI cable that goes to the AV receiver and let me know if you hear audio from the TV ok?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This can happen if Netflix is outputting a format the AV receiver doesn't understand, so you end up hearing no sound at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete I think this is a Panasonic setting as I get volume on the tv but get no volume through my receiver for any of the Netflix Amazon prime or even you tube apps on the blu ray player. However blu Rays play perfectly fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

There is no setting on the Panasonic that will change the audio format - if the TV is able to process the audio signal but the AV receiver is not, this proves that it is a formatting problem.