Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 10 years.
23822421

I have an old Hitachi micro component system.:HP-10pre

Customer Question

I have an old Hitachi micro component system.:HP-10pre -amp;HMA9 Amp; DA-10 Cd player and D-9 Tape deck. There is a RB10 remote Audio controller which operates fairly well but for the CD player where it has no response. Is this the correct Remote? If not , which model should I look for? Or is there something I can do to get results? Alan
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is the correct remote, have you checked the cable at the back, it may be a new cable needs to be replaced, which can be found here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you James. To be more specific: the CD plays OK when operated manually but the display panel is very dim and it is not possible to select tracks. The remote does not get any response to the play,pause,stop buttons either. Secondly, can you tell me what is the purpose of the 2 white phono pin sockets on the back of each component ,marked Control ? I am experimenting with the cables ,changing them round, so far without result. Alan
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out to let another expert assist, as unfortunately the amount of time required to assist you is not economical.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.