DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I HAVE PATCHES OF HAIR LOSS MOSTLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY

Customer Question

I HAVE PATCHES OF HAIR LOSS MOSTLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FRONT LINE OF MY HAIR WHICH LOOKS AS IF THE SCALP WAS BURNT AND HEALED N AS IF THERE WILL NEVER BE REGROWTH. DUE TO PERSISTANT USE OF HAIR GROW ENHANCERS IT GROWS ON N OFF.

THE HAIR LOSS IS CONSIDERABLE MOSTLY WHEN I WASH THE HAIR AND SOMETIMES ON WAKING UP IN THE MORNING I NOTICE THE BURNT SIGN EFFECT ON THE SCALP AS IF HAIR NEVER EXISTED THERE ON.THIS I SUFFER FOR MANY YEARS.

I USED DR. MIRACLE HAIR PRODUCTS, ANTI FUNGAL CREAMS, DOO GROW,MANY HAIR GROWTH ENHANCER CREAMS BUT THE CUER WAS ALWAYS TEMPORARY, PLS DR WHAT COULD IT BE?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Great question.

What stands out here is no doctor exam or skin biopsy apparently.

These lesions could be eczema, psoriasis, fungal infection or other skin problems.

That needs to be defined, maybe with a small amount of skin sent to the lab at this point.

A dermatologist or your internist can do this.

Metabolic conditions such as thyroid disease need to be ruled out.

Hypothyroidisim for example.

An autoimmune condition called alopecia arreta also needs to be considered.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating]. But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.