DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have extremely congested skin. I use to have mild acne a

Customer Question

I have extremely congested skin. I use to have mild acne a while back and was prescribed antibiotic which seemed to help as my face cleared up. But after a while it came back and it is much worse than before. On one side of my cheek it seems like almost every single pore is clogged. When squeezed they come in every form, blackheads, whiteheads , puss. It is disgusting. I tried using benzyn peroxide prescribed by a skin doctor and all it does is dry my skin out so much that it makes applying moisturizer painful. There are on average about 5 pimple in a week but all this bumps just doesn't go away.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Thanks for coming to us.

First of all, what is your question?

Also please tell me
Height and weight
Any medical problems
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question is, how do I get clear skin? I have tried everything from skin peel to of the counter acne creams, benzoyl peroxide, prescribed antibiotic, change in diet to include more fruits and less processed meat and taking zinc supplement, I've also limited my alcohol intake to 1 unit per week
. My acne issue doesn't seem to go away with any of these. Currently it almost looks like every single pore on face is congested. When squeezed there are black heads, white heads and just about anything that can be called acne.
I do not have any other medical problem that I'm aware of.
Height: 170cm
Weight: 55kg
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Daily attention [natrual soap scrub] long term is required.

Topical retinoids would be your next step in treatment.

A dermatologist needs to be helping you in pereson.

Physical assessment helps decide on which agent.

See this write up from the mayo clinic on treatments.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/acne/DS00169/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.