DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am diabetic last 10 years i take insulin at the bed time

Customer Question

I am diabetic last 10 years i take insulin at the bed time as per the doctor advise my reading in fasting is between 100-120 and after food it will be 200-250.
i have dark spot on my nose due to wearing glass but last 3 year i am not using glasses even for reading and I use many skin creams but no use, I get dark on my forehead and checks also. Please advise.
Iam 60 years old man.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
Thanks for the qeustion.

First of all your diabetes can be better assessed if your doctor checks a lab test called an H1C, which will show how good your control is over all.

A dark spot on the nose or forehead can be many things.
Old skin damage
keratosis
Hyperpigmentation.
Melanoma

Keratosis would be very common and not harmful but you need an exam to see what this is.

If it is dark skin that is spreading this is a different issue..a metababolic, hormonal or infectous problem can do this.

I suggest you see a dermatologit about the spot at this point...sometimes a sample for the lab is needed.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.