Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

ive just used a moisturing mask from avene and my face went

Customer Question

ive just used a moisturing mask from avene and my face went blogy and everytime i use a moisture or a wash it goes very smooth and greasy, i dont no if im moisturing my face to much i dont no what to do.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you could be getting moisturizer build up on your skin which is causing this greasy and blogy feeling.

you might need to take a break from these heavy moisturizing creams and washes and stick to milder soaps and facial washes without moisturizing components to get a cleaner feel of your skin.

I would avoid the mask for a while

stick to simple facial washes like Dove soap or facial scrubs.

and your skin should come back more to normal soon

let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--I don't think you should just let this pass without seeing a dermatologist. The problem may not be from the mask but you may be having an allergic type reaction to the moisturizers and even to soaps. For now you could just use a hypoallergenic soap for cleansing, but this needs more evaluation and you may need some testing to see what exactly you're allergic to