jbmd
jbmd, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience
69164063

hi doc, I have black and white spot on my lags , I m look

Customer Question

hi doc, I have black and white spot on my lags , I m look for solution to clear It out please can you tell me what to do, I got those bad spot from some lighten cream. thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for asking this question. I'm sorry you have this problem. It must be distressing as summer comes especially. I can't treat or examine you but I can give you advice.

Large areas of skin react differently to different creams that lighten. On the face and hands there is natural variation around joints but the legs are more same colored.

One thing you can try is putting sunscreen on the dark areas and using a tanning bed to darken the lighter areas and even them out.

If you want to keep getting lighter, there are many other topical treatments that might help. But if the area is very large, it might be difficult to get a good result yourself.

I think a dermatologist with an aesthetician in the practice might be able to block certain areas and more heavily treat others. Or, they might be able to use broad spectrum light (photofacial) and/or laser to treat this.

If you want a list of more medications to try topically, please ask. I will supply it though I think you've tried several things and a dermatologist would do better.

Hope this helps--if not tell me more about what you wish.
Expert:  jbmd replied 4 years ago.

Have you tried retinol cream? You could try low dose in a small area avoiding the white spots. One of the risks of creams that will work is the risk of bulls-eye spots as different areas lighten differently. But it's worth a try if the dermatologist won't help or is unaffordable.

Remember, whatever is tried do small areas at a time as no one knows how your skin will react. Also use the lowest dose to start.