DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My mother was badly sunburnt two to three weeks ago, to an

Customer Question

My mother was badly sunburnt two to three weeks ago, to an almost purple colour burn across her back and shoulders, the sunburn has peeled and the redness has almost gone now, however, she has extreme itching of her left shoulder, and redness and itching of her right arm, she also describes her arm as feeling "swollen on the inside". I feel her arm is a little puffy. Does she need to seek medical care urgently? I am worried about the possibility of compartment syndrome? Or perhaps an unrelated clot. There is a history of DVT within her family

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from ja
Yes this needs exam today.

It might be unrelated
A disc problem in the neck
Ciculatory problem
etc.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.