Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Experienced in a wide range of clinical settings including emergency medicine.
11269312

how am I going to treat the condition demodex infestation.

Customer Question

how am I going to treat the condition demodex infestation. I have it in my scalp, face, chest, and lower body. I have been given benzyl benzoate and lyclear but was told to use it as for scabies which is a different life cycle. I am afraid
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 4 years ago.

Demodex infestation will be cleared with Benzyl Benzoate itself.

Do not worry, this can be cleared with this treatment.

The main principles of treatment are:

All the people in the family including children and pets should preferably be treated if possible.

All the clothes must be boiled and washed at the same time.

The method of applying the cream must be strictly followed. For this, you should use a topical cream (Elimite, Acticin) which are available OTC. After stripping completely, you must apply it over the whole body except the face. Then you must put on some light clothes which yu have boiled before. You have to keep this on for 12 hours. In the meantime, you must wash and boil all your clothes, like towels and all wearing clothes, plus bedsheets, pillow covers, etc. anything which can contain the mites. After 12 hours, take a shower and then again wear clothes which you have boiled before.

Repeat this after two weeks.

All these four principles must be followed.

Follow these steps well for a final treatment.

Take care

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.