dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I used Protopic ointment on my eczema in 2004 for two periods

Customer Question

I used Protopic ointment on my eczema in 2004 for two periods of approx 3-4 weeks (maybe longer as I cannot really remember) and have just become aware of the potential side effects. By spring 2005 I had developed a enlarged gland under my arm, was sent for a blood test and referred to a consultant who said it was an enlarged gland and nothing to worry about. Since then it has been getting larger and smaller and each time I go to a doctor they say it is nothing to worry about. I also have some lumps in my breast that I wa referred to a breats clinic for last year which they have told me are ok and I had a mole removed from my arm last year (which turned out to be ok).

It is possible that the use of Protopic back in 2004 could have led to some of these symptons and is there a chance that this ointment could make me ill now or in the future?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
No, this should not be related to protopic now
An apprantly these are normal size correct?

No doctor including your OB thinks there is a problem?