dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Hi my condition started approx 11 days ago with me noticing

Customer Question

Hi my condition started approx 11 days ago with me noticing a very small but quite stingy red patch on side of knee. This remained static with no change for 4days and then became steadily angrier but with no obvious break to the skin, it then started to blister and was the size of 1/2 centimetre. On Friday went to see my doctor who prescribed Flucloxacillin and to bathe it in salt water. By Sunday the wound had started to blister and had easily doubled in size and as we are on holiday went to see an emergency doctor who prescribed betonavate. The wound continued getting worse and I went back yesterday to see a nurse who advised me to keep it covered but to continue the treatment. I have followed all these instructions to the letter but do not know who to turn to - This morning the wound is now easily the size of a 50p piece ( sorry no ruler here) and is continuing to blister most alarmingly around the edge -getting bigger. I am so worried - please could you help
Category: Dermatology