DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Why is it that with any little pressure on any part of my body

Customer Question

Why is it that with any little pressure on any part of my body it goes red and itches like mad....even hands and fingers if I wring a cloth they itch badly....I am 67 years old
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

This can be what is called pressure urticaria, and it can itch.

It is most often cause unknown.

But it can also be associated with autoimmune diseases.

Your doctor needs to see this, and to run some blood work, specifically all routine labs, ANA panel and sed rate.

Allergy and stress can both have a bearing on this as well.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.