How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 65266
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have a moist itchy rash in my skin folds in my bikini & vaginal

Customer Question

I have a moist itchy rash in my skin folds in my bikini & vaginal area
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

In this area the rash is most often fungal.
The question is why would you have this.

It can be an sign of underlying illnesses such as diabetes, so if you have not had a check up you need to do this.

Over the counter anti fungals can be used but it is much better to have the doctor look at this and maybe swab it for the lab.

Rashes can also be from allergy, contact sensitivity and autoimmune diseases, so another reason to have a check up.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.