DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have developed overnight a red smelly weeping rash between

Customer Question

I have developed overnight a red smelly weeping rash between my breasts, it came on very quickly, at first it just red then tonight it has started weeping a smelly yellow liquid that is quite awful. As it's Friday evening and I can't get to see my GP I have cleansed and applied an antiseptic cream. Is this the correct thing to do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
It is most likely fungal and the cream won't help much.
A cream called chlortrimazole from the drug store is more likely to help.

You still need to show this to your doctor, or if it still gets worse go to A & E.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.