DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

blackheads removal treatment

Customer Question

I have blackheads all over my face and ear and they are increasing coz of a product I have used recently. Is there any medicine I need to take to stop them from growing and to get rid of them without getting any scars? Need help

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Please tell me what treatment you have already had
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried clean and clear blackhead cleanser that did remove black heads properly but once I stopped using that on daily basis I had more blackheads on my face. then I used garnier pro active but it did not work either but created more blackheads along with scars. I have oily skin and now I also have blackheads in my ears and on my neck as well

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
The only safe and effective way to actually remove these is with a dermatologist.

The other mainstay of treatment is a daily scrub, long term, to prevent that, pure ivory soap or castille baby soap works well.

The treatments you are using are not the most effective, and you should see the dermatologist [as I said above] also for a prescription medicine such as a retinoid.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.