ejdouglas1
ejdouglas1, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  15 years of ER and primary care experience. Board Certified in Emergency Medicine.
19155615

For the past couple of years, I have dark patches on both my

Customer Question

For the past couple of years, I have dark patches on both my cheeks. One side is much worse than the other. I have tried few creams but nothing seems to be working. How do I get rid of it?

My details:

Ethnicity: Indian
Sex: Male
Age: 33
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 105kg
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  ejdouglas1 replied 3 years ago.

911DOC :

Impossible to say if you CAN get rid of them because we do not know what has caused them.

911DOC :

Many times a dermatologist can do wonders with laser treatment of skin with increased pigmentation, so I'm afraid that you will need to see a dermatology specialist for two reasons.

911DOC :

First, to get the proper diagnosis. This may require a biopsy (taking a small piece of skin to study under the microscope) but can more likely be done simply on the physical exam.

911DOC :

Secondly, to get definitive and proper treatment.

911DOC :

Again, no way to know if you could possibly do this with any over-the-counter product without knowing exactly WHY you have these spots.

911DOC :

standing by

911DOC :

are you there sir?