DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi. Im James and im 33. Iv had problems since February. I

Customer Question

Hi. Im James and im 33.
Iv had problems since February. I got a serious reaction to biological washing powder, all my skin went red raw and I felt hot all of the time. It took us a few weeks to realise it was the washing powder, when we changed I thought I would be ok but ever since my body and head become inflamed after eating certain things. I could not sleep, i lost 2 1/2 stone. I was put on prednisolone steroids, they have helped but I'm still having these episodes fairly often. Have you ever seen this before?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA
What exactly happens during these episodes now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Doctor.

These episodes involve mainly my body and head becoming very hot and it lasts for a number of hours. It happens mainly after I eat something. I had an allergy test done, I have given up all dairy products and anything with wheat and yeast in it. This has helped it a lot but I'm still having some episodes. It is very frustrating. I am waiting to see a dermatologist here but it could be a number of months before that happens. I always had eczema but it was never too bad, now it has become very red all over and I get very itchy during an episode.

James

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
So you have a rash with these episodes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just makes me so hot and itchy especially in bed. I end up scratching all over and makes the skin go very red.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
OK
There are many possible causes for this.
Thyroid
Iron deficiency
polycythemia vera
Liver of kidney problems
Allergy
Parasites
Hidden infection
Hidden cancer
Heavy metal toxicity
Autoimmune disease

You need to see an internal medicine doctor for comprehensive lab testing at this point.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did get blood tests done and they all came back clear including the thyroid. The one for allergies was high. Is there anyway my system can be built back up as it seems to me as if it is down since the severe reaction to the washing powder?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Much of these possibilities are not tested for
Heavy metal testing need hair analysis or 24 hour urine

Auto immune disease needs sed rate and ana panel

Pheochromcytoma needs serum metaneprhines

None of these are routine.

You can build your system up with a nutrient dense anti inflammatory diet.

This is scientific and can be found in the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Doctor

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
you are welcome anytime
any questions
please to not forget a positive rating, I strive for excellent service, and this is the only way we are paid by ja