DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My doctor could not diagnose my rash and spots and has sent

Customer Question

My doctor could not diagnose my rash and spots and has sent a letter to a dermatologist but the wait may be a while. IShe said it could be scabies but wasn't sure. I was horrified that I would have to wait a long time for an proper diagnosis, so was given lyclear treatment for myself and my son who lives with me. \I am starting the treatment this evening, but just need to know. What I have to clean, its it just bedding towels clothes and vacuum carpets. or do I have to throw away duvets pillows etc and disinfect the house. I'm at my wits end as she didn't have much constructive advice. Please help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.

Simple cleaning of your bed clothes and clothes should be enough.
Scabies generally is a skin to skin exposure and transmission...very close contact.
One good general cleaning after you use the medication should be quite enough.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.