dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Hi I have been having muscle twitching for the last 8 months

Customer Question

Hi, it it first started when I was having digestive problems around two years ago and irregular heart beat , I went to the doctors and then the hospital on loads of times , and heart was checked and they said all seemed fine , for the digestive problems they said it could a stress thing, then about a year later have been having muscle twitching for the last 8 months and I have been to the doctors/hospital on numerous occasions and was told I was having muscle fascilations? since then in the recent weeks I have had a little pain in both forearms, under my chest and the bottom in my spine ,my socket of my eye has been painful, I have felt shaky in my body and hands , been getting little spots on my head, neck, behind my ears, ii have been getting a tingling or burning sensation on different parts of my body at different parts of the day .. for eg: fingers , face , head , back etc... my head space feels cloudy and my concentration span is limited , my joints are clicking , ankles and wrists and my body seems weak and is aching , I woke up this morning with a headache that I went to sleep with .. I have had my blood tests waiting for results this week in the meantime my doctor recommended I went to a physiotherapist felt a little better at the time then the symptoms came back shortly after.what do this sound like or what should I do as this is affecting me every minute of the day ???

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like fibromyalgia.
What type of doctor are you seeing and what diagnoses have they given you?
What test results do you know?