Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a lot of acne marks and acne scars on my chest, what

Customer Question

I have a lot of acne marks and acne scars on my chest, what is the best way to get rid of them?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.

If these are relatively new marks and scars, they will become less prominent with further healing. If they are red and inflamed, then using hydrocortisone cream will typically help ease the inflammation.

If these are older scars that persist in being bothersome, then the usual approach is to perform laser resurfacing or dermabrasion to help with the scarring.