Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have a very small cyst at the bottom / side of my nose.

Customer Question

I have a very small cyst at the bottom / side of my nose. I have tried all sorts, the GP said it is too small for surgery and will go on its own but I feel embarrased.
What can I do as I have even tried cutting it open with a sharp knife I am so desperate to get rid of it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--just to make certain here--your GP is sure it's just a benign cyst? When you cut it did anything come out of it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, When I cut it, it just bled, I thought it may be a wart but the surface is smooth. At one time, I used to get stuff out of it, rather like a blackhead but it is quite smooth and sits on the greasy part of where the outer bottom of your nose is

It doesnt hurt

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. This is probably just a benign exclusion cyst but there really isn't anything you can apply to it to make it go away. For now you should leave it alone and see a dermatologist for it. He can use cryotherapy--freezing technique--and if it's small, that can get rid of it with absolutely no scarring. The alternative would be to surgically remove it under local anesthesia which might leave a very small scar