dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Beside myself with

Customer Question

I have two spots that I am very concerned about. I used to tan a lot so am aware of the dangers of skin cancer. At the peak of my tanning, I was going for 10-12 minutes twice a week. For a while I would go about twice a month. I have not tanned in quite some time as I have become really nervous about getting skin cancer- I have read too many stories about girls my age getting skin cancer.

One spot has scabbed over and bled twice. I have had it all my life but is now changing. That spot is located on my upper, inner left thigh.

The second spot is on my back. It concerns me because it has the black center and seems to have a slightly lighter shade around it. 

They are both smaller/close to the size of a pencil eraser. I have pictures below as well and really want to know expert advice if it may be cancerous- I will not be able to see a dermatologist in person until next week and want to know the suspected urgency. 

Picture of Mole that has scabbed over beforeMole on Back Picture 1Mole on Back Picture 2

Category: Dermatology