Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Hi my name Ketan, 1 year before I started getting a Itch on

Customer Question

Hi my name Ketan, 1 year before I started getting a Itch on my foot, a simple scratch lead to heavy scratching and left marks my foot. I went doctors and they gave me antibiotics for it to heal inside and gave me a cream. After a month taking the meds and cream. Noting made a difference. A month later a second reaction started on my right side ankle. The skin started going dry, itchy and Black. After months of figuring out the right treatment finally I got a cream which started working called Clobarderm. Things started easing off. After 2 months the red marks started going. Finally relief. After 2 Months later I started get dry skin on the back of my head, Huge dry lumps of skin, Red patches and after I started getting very dry spots on skin. I decided to peel the dry skin, Under it I saw a red mark which then started spreading more on my elbows and my arms. Now things have started getting worse. I am really worried, don't no what to do. It's really itchy. please please advice me what to do.

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Ketan,

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--have you doctors taken a look at these new spots? What exactly was their diagnosis at first?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The doc did say it was ezema previously. But a official scan or test was not done to prove that. It very hard for me to get a response of NHS. the spots are the a dry patch and they come off very easily and leave a red spot behide. a lot of dry skin and lumps behind my head.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK. You need a biosy of one of these spots and an autoimmune screening blood test because this sounds like psoriasis. If you haven't seen a dermatologist about this that is where I would refer you since there are very effective medications for treating that