dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I used to have very clear skin. I now have blackheads all over

Customer Question

I used to have very clear skin. I now have blackheads all over my nose that I can't get rid of and get the odd nasty spot or two every few weeks that take a while to heal. The thing I'm most concerned about though is the sensivity of my skin and the redness. Whenever I wash my face with any sort of facewash or even just with water sometimes it's quite red afterwards and I have to put tonnes of moisturiser on to calm it down. Even then it remains red for a while. During the day, despite drinking a lot of water and trying to remain cool, it often flares up (increasingly as the day goes on)so that I am very hot in the face and it feels almost rash-like (tingling etc) and doesn't cool down really until I go home and have been in the fresh air for a while. They seem to be like hot flashes and usually go hand in hand with a headache. I've always been prone to going red when doing sport / drinking alcohol etc as I have fair skin but this is different, my face is hot even if I'm not that hot and it seems to be brought on by fairly low-level stress (just a normal working day - I've been in far more stressful situations in the past!) and I think the air-conditioning might be irritating it. Basically, I have no idea but it's beginning to really bother me and definitely affects how I look at work. Any suggestions would be greatly received.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
What medical problems to you have
What medications?
What is your height and weight
What tests have you had
Exam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please cancel this questions.

Not sure what you mean
I am an expert who answers questions
I will answer yours, but I need my above questions answered