dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a painful area underarm with on particular red spot.

Customer Question

I have a painful area underarm with on particular red spot. Is Clobetasol Propionate the right medication for this?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

Thank you for asking your question.

dermdoc19 :

No it would not be. For two reasons: 1) If there is pain in a spot it is unlikely to be solved by a steroid cream. 2) Clobetesol is far too strong in this area. It can cause thinning of the skin and stretch marks.

dermdoc19 :

If you are able to send a photograph, I should be able to direct you to a more appropriate treatment than Clobetesol.

dermdoc19 :