Doctor Natasha
Doctor Natasha, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician. Can handle dermatological emergencies
16455829

I do hope you can help me because my skin on my face has gone

Customer Question

I do hope you can help me because my skin on my face has gone red very dry and lost its smoothness. I had beautiful skin a year ago. Then I caught I virus in my eyes. For 10 weeks the doctor thought had bacterial conjunctivitis, as I also thought, because I do get this every now and again when I am not careful enough when removing my contact lenses, without which everything is a blur. I had hardly and lines around my eyes before I caught the infection. In frustration he referred me to a specialist. His diagnoses was different. He said the infection was viral and there was no known cure other than time. The infection went on for a year and I could not stand the light. I was given some drops for the pain and moisturising drops too because the eyes were very dry. They were only a little dry before. In fact my
I had to wear a blind to cut out the light, and stay indoors nearly all the time in the dark. I am upset because a year ago I had lovely skin and I can't help feeling that the three or four kinds of eye drops, including steroids I was given have run down my face and ruined my skin. I won't go out much because the red patches and deepened wrinkles are embarrassing. Can you help me please? I also have been taking soluble 30/500 co-codamol as the tarthritis has spread and is deeply painful. I have lost my cheerfulness.
I am68,

Please, is there anything you can suggest?

Mrs Anne Doney
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Doctor Natasha replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there

Dr. Natasha :

what kind of specialist are you seeing

Dr. Natasha :

I have to go offline.

Dr. Natasha :

Please let me know what type of specialist you are seeing and I will get back to you later

Dr. Natasha :

Also are you being worked up for autoimmune diseaes?

Dr. Natasha :

*disease?