Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

hello there ! I struggle with a bad anxiety which I have just

Customer Question

hello there ! I struggle with a bad anxiety which I have just started medication for ! But because of this I feel whenever I get a problem I'm brushed aside! This is my problem I have noticed a few red pin like spots on my penis glan most noticeable when erect. Somtimes more prominent at different times , I have been with my partner for 8 years and have had no oral or sex with anybody else ! I'm certain the same for her we have a good relationship. These red dots (spots?) Do not itch they are not puss filled and if I wasn't staring at them I would never know ! I phoned a advice number they said it was normal to have them and friction can bring them out ! But my anxiety gets me ! Many thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Can you attach a picture of the spots?

I had asked for an image of the red spots and have not heard back, so will address the description that has been provided.

Small red spots are typically not a serious condition. It certainly is most likely due to friction, although I can make a better comment if I could review an image.

Certainly, red spots on the glans of the penis is not a typical presentation of any STD, so there is no reason for you to be concerned about your current sexual partner.

It is possible that this could be a sensitivity of the penis to something to which it is coming in contact. The substances to which men can be sensitive include certain detergents or personal hygiene products, including hygiene products used by your partner. It is sometimes difficult to identify what substance a person is reacting to except by eliminating the various substances to see of the symptom improves.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.