dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My grandson of 7months presented with a large swelling in his

Customer Question

My grandson of 7months presented with a large swelling in his right cheek
about 3 weeks ago, he was given an antibiotic which has not helped the swelling to go down as we were expecting it to. There is still a hard lump in his mouth. The Dr at the scanning department this morning said he suspected that it was necrotic tissue, and has referred him to an ENT.
Can you please inform me of what this could be caused by and what treatment would be given
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Can you attach the picture of that swelling here? Regards