Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Acquired. Skin rash about a month ago, saw GP diagnosed ring

Acquired. Skin rash about a month ago, saw GP diagnosed ring worm and medicated. 7 days later it was worse and diagnosed allergy linked to change in Glaucoma medication. Arranged derm. Appt. at Grantham for April. Condition getting significantly worse and being contained by Betnovate cream application. Do you have advice? NHS appt booked. If a private service what cost implications are there
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo of this on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not very techy but have just acquired a new ipad so will arrange to do it soon (today). The first appearance was on my upper right leg and started as an itchy spot about half to one centimeter across. This grew and is now a patch about 8 to 10cms across and growing.. During this time anumber of these spots have now appeared on legs arms and back.

My problem is the length of time to wait in our NHS system to see a Dermatologist by which time the coverage will be extensive. Is there anything I can do maybe with my GP to provide a holding situation. The Specialist appt. is in mid April.. Finally will I be able to send the pictures via this site or is there an e mail route

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Edward. We can't use email here but you can use the paperclip icon on this page or post the photos on Snapfish, Imageshack, or Photobucket and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about this but you are talking in a foreign language....what paper lip etc. Are you able to xplain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just go to Snapfish.com or Imageshack.com or Photobucket.com and use one of those sites to post your photo and then you can copy the page and post it on this page. Alternatively you can send the photo by email to customer service at JustAnswer and they can send me the photo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have failed to contact justanswer.co.uk because ISJp rejects as incorrect site address. Feel as though I,m getting nowhere
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--let's try this. Can you describe the rash in as much detail as possible?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Chip

Thanks for your patience. I have e mailed photographs to customer services for onward transmission. Hopefully you can see the type of coverage on my back and it may be worth pointing out that this activity is about 80% plus on the rear half of my body including legs arms and torso. It appears to be starting to be active on my scalp. Hope this helps

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Edward--as soon as I get the pictures I'll get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Chip

Can I enquire if you have received the photographs and am I correct in believing I am waiting for you to answer?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Edward--my apologies. I did reply on this page saying that I had gotten the pictures but unfortunately that reply didn't go through. We can continue after this but this looks like either a contact dermatitis or an inflammatory eczema. It may take a biopsy to confirm but I would treat it either with a course of oral prednisone or with prescription pimecrolimus cream.
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems