DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, pls am 26yrs old and I have itchy rash and discharge on

Customer Question

Hi, pls am 26yrs old and I have itchy rash and discharge on my vagina.I noticed it few days after an unprotected sex. Pls what drugs should I take. Pls am the shy type and I find it difficult to say my problem to a doctor
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

You have to go to a doctor. If this is an STD, you need prescription antibiotics. If it is yeast, you can use over the counter medicine.

But you have to find out.

For example, garnerella needs flagyl.

Chlamydia or gonorrhea need the correct anti bacterial.

2 grams of azithromycin will cover both...but you have to know with testing.

At age 26 you should have been getting pap smears to screen for cervical dysplasia and HPV...so this is over due.