Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

I have 2 tiny little circles slightly under 0.5cm to the side

Customer Question

I have 2 tiny little circles slightly under 0.5cm to the side of my nose about 2-3 cm under my eye. They are like 2 little craters and I thought they had just appeared but I have checked back and they have been around for at least 2-3 years but its hard to say if they have been around longer due to the deficiency of earlier cameras !

They are tight next to each other and I can supply photos if it helps.

A
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello A,

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--the photos would help greatly if you could post them on this page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay and thanks for the photo Just to check--these have been there for quite some time and have never changed in size?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's hard to say - I looked at various photos - I found one from 2 years ago and they are there - more or less the same but perhaps the spot in middle is more defined as a hole now - but it's really difficult to say

I also have photos from 4 years ago where they are there but don't look as prominent - but this could be camera technology

Any photo longer than 4 years ago I can't see them - but I am not sure if it's technology rather than there absence

Andy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Andy--these look like molluscum contagiosa--a kind of viral wart but not the same as the warts one gets on the fingers. Nothing serious and entirely benign. Usually they only stick around for a month or two. If they're bothersome to you the best thing to do is for you to see a dermatologist for either freezing or cauterizing them or he can unroof them with a special instrument. None of these procedures would leave a scar of any kind
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok

Do I need to do anything ?

Can they spread ?

You know I think my youngest son has these a few years back - his were all over his legs and body and much redder

Andy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
They can come and go and spread but if these are the only two you have and they've been like that for so long I doubt you'll ever get any more Andy. For now there's nothing you have to do to them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you for your time :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure Andy--call on me anytime