dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

my son has bullous erythema multiforme for six years. it is

Customer Question

my son has bullous erythema multiforme for six years. it is triggered by the herpes zoster virus. he is on zovirax 400mg daily but still gets outbreaks from time to time. he was originally commenced on zovirax for one year which was successful but not long after he stopped the zovirax he had a bad outbreak. he is now on zovirax for another year, having done seven mths and presently is showing signs of outbreak-spots on hands, looks pale and washed out, and very tired. i am concerned about him being on a high dose of zovirax, or could this be something else
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hi there

Still need help?