dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have been told i have Rosaciea on my face and nose area also

Customer Question

I have been told i have Rosaciea on my face and nose area also forehead i am tired of going through different creams just to try and prevent people saying "whats wrong with your face!!!!" It is also affecting my eyes when i just go outside to do normal things my eyes start to water up and blur my vision. I have had this problem now 5yrs and is starting to get me down from my daily life.I dont find my doctor any help with this she sent me to a dermatologist that only wanted to pump drugs into me so i declined.I am a 43 male and getting desperate,can you help.

Joe,
Co.Limerick
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

THank you for yhour question regarding rosacea. Is it possible to forward a photograph so I may determine which type of Rosacea you have and the best remedy for it.? Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-28uqcxw8- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-28uqcxw8- :

As you can see my left eye can also tend to swell sometimes the right eye but never at the same time.

dermdoc19 :

Though the lighting is not good, this does look like Rosacea. Most likely the eye symptoms are due to ocular rosacea. Standard treatment for ocular rosacea includes lid scrubers and Low dose Doxycycline. Some physicians prefer Tetracyclilne. The topicals which I feel work best are Avar green in the morning and Finacea at night. There is some work with Ivermetcin cream which looks very promising. That has not been approved by our FDA yet, but may be available in Ireland. Mirvas, which controls the redness of Roscea is already available. This can be applied in the morning and lasts all day. It only helps with that symptom.

dermdoc19 :

The intense pulsed light is very helpful too.

dermdoc19 :

Does your reluctance to pump drugs into yourself, mean you do not want to take oral medication.0.

dermdoc19 :

Cerave PM moisturizer is a very good over the counter product.

dermdoc19 :

Also orally I would recommend Nic Azel which contains vitamins and minerals which have been shown to help Rosacea.

dermdoc19 :

I would be happy to answer further questions for you or entertain your thoughts.

dermdoc19 :

Thank you for asking your question.