dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

i tend to have white fats like pimples coming out of my face

Customer Question

i tend to have white fats like pimples coming out of my face its not pimples but it makes my face look like rashes i dont know how to stop it....
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

Is it possible to forward a photograph of these pimples? Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- : I don't think I can. It's nt entering d page. So I can't. It's more lyk rashes dat is white. Lyk small tiny pimples
JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- :

the whitish tin on the nose
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- :

the small pimple like rashes where the white substance comes out
Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- :

that is the images you asked for

dermdoc19 :

Thank you for the pictures.

dermdoc19 :

Would you like over the counter advice or prescription advice. ?

dermdoc19 :

I will offer both.

dermdoc19 :

The "fat" you mention is actually keratin which is a protein made by skin, hair and nails.

dermdoc19 :

Your problem is basically plugged up pores in which the keratin is trapped. This can be improved and corrected but it will take time and work.

dermdoc19 :

In an office setting. I would prescribe a medication called Tazorac. This should be started at a low dose of Taz 0.05 cream used every other day for two weeks. Apply a moisturizer called Cerave Renewel cream beforehand. Use the Cerave product every night, and every other night as I mentioned apply Tazorac. Afterr two months the Tazorac should be increased to the 0.1 strength and after another two months switch to the gel form, Tazorac gel 0.1.

dermdoc19 :

Meanwhile find a good aesthetician. She should perform deep pore cleansing with extractions. Wait a month before doing this. I would also recommend pumpkin peels. Pumpkin has a very high level of salicylic acid which will get into the pores and clean them out. Salicylic acid is what we call a Beta Hydroxy acid and is best for this sort of skin problem. Glycolic acid, which is found a number of skin care products, is actually better for pigmentation problems and skin rejuvenation.

dermdoc19 :

Of course, the same plan can be employed over the counter, except for the Tazorac part. You can try using Roc Retinol Wrinkle Correxion ( sic) Night Cream. This contains Retinol which is a weaker version of the active ingredient in Tazorac. You would not really need to start that every other night. All the other ingredients, including the Cerave Renewal cream would be the same.

dermdoc19 :

This will take a number of months, but should work. Be patient.

dermdoc19 :

Hope that helps and I would be happy to answer additional questions.

JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- :

ok thank you very much. but what causes the plugging up of pores in which you discussed actually . so i could prevent it later in the future from happening

dermdoc19 :

Sometimes, this is genetic, even though you may not have a parent with them. The sun can do this, as can some makeup. Always, buy non-comedogenic makeup. To prevent this in the future, continue to use a Retinoid. This will also keep your skin from developing discolorations and keep your skin young.

JACUSTOMER-f5glukbx- : Ok thanks for the help
dermdoc19 :

You are welcome.