Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

hi,i have Pearly Penile Papules on the head of my penis. i

hi,i have Pearly Penile Papules on the head of my penis. i read online that applying iodine will get rid of them so i did that. the iodine stung alot and left the skin red and sore for a few days. it has started started to peel and i think it may be infected? i have been applying antiseptic spray today, not sure what else to do?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--the iodine really doesn't work for pearly papules. It sounds more like you have essentially a burn there from the iodine but it may get infected in time. I suggest for now you apply bacitracin or neosporin ointment to the area and see how it goes for another few days--if the redness worsens, you will need antibiotics