dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am female and 28yrs old. I have started getting superficial

Customer Question

I am female and 28yrs old. I have started getting superficial blisters all over my body. I often don't notice the blister, but it will itch and when I look there is an erosion. The blisters are around 0.5cm. They are flaccid. It started about a week and a half ago.

They started on the inside of my ring finger. I then found one on my upper arm, and a few days later two on my buttocks and one in my armpit. Today one has appeared on my bikini line and another on my calf.

I have recently changed my washing powder, but don't think it is the problem as when I've reacted to washing powder before it was a widespread itching, unlike this. I have started using a new SPF, but only on my face. I have also changed my shower gel to an oil because I get dry skin (I use euracin http://www.eucerin.com/en/atocontrol/products/eucerin-atocontrol-cleansing-oil-dry-and-irritable-skin/)

I'm worried this could be pemphigus.
I have had no unintentional weight loss, fever or night sweats. I feel fine in myself.
I am not aware that I have been bitten or stung recently, but I am prone to this (I had 3 small bites on my foot about a month ago). I have no blisters in my mouth or eyes or face (yet). My tongue is not swollen and I am not short of breath. I have no other signs of rashes. I am not photophobic and my neck is not stiff.

I have been given fusidic acid/ betamethasone cream by my GP. It is clearing the ones on my fingers which got infected, but the blisters are appearing in a lot of other locations.

I am on no other medication. I do not take anything over the counter apart from loratadine for hay fever, which I have taken for years.

I had childhood asthma but now never need to take my ventolin

My mother has a lot of health problems including hypothyroidism and psoriasis. She is also immunocompromised, but this is undefined as she is still waiting to see an immunologist.

I am stressed at the moment, but I have been stressed for a long time. I smoke 20/day and I drink 1-2 glasses of wine about 5days a week.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.

Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you should stop smoking.

Dr. David :

and try stopping the shower gel to see

Dr. David :

and you also need to get your thyroid hormone levels checked?

Dr. David :

high thyroid hormone levels can cause dry itchy skin.

Dr. David :

what are you doing to decrease stress in your life?

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

I can't do anything to decrease my stress levels. I am a medical student and also a carer for my mother

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

I don't think I have a thyroid problem but I can get them checked

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

I thought a dermatologist would answer this question?

Dr. David :

this question got posted into the general medicine category.

Dr. David :

there is another dermatology category as well

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

Is there any way of reposting it without paying again? I did not realise

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

I would really like to speak to a dermatologist

Dr. David :

sure I can transfer it to dermatology

Dr. David :

you have to be patient.

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

Thank you very much

Dr. David :

it can take a while to get over there.

JACUSTOMER-2aqtnk51- :

I am sorry to waste your time

Dr. David :

no waste of time.

Dr. David :

don't type anything until you get a response from a dermatologist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I wanted a dermatologist to answer, and he said he would transfer me and I could speak to a dermatologist but that never happened.

I do not wish to pay for this. I am unsatisfied
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Your question has been in dermatology all of this time, as well as now in medical.
No dermatologist has accepted the question for review.
I am a double board certified doctor with over 20 years of clinical, hands on experience in internal medicine, integrative medicine and advanced training in functional dermatology.

Would you still like help or would you like to wait?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is functional dermatology?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
In functional medicine, which I am also trained in, we have specific training in dermatology as well, as well as how to approach skin problems integratively
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'd rather wait for a dermatologist thanks