dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have got contact dermatitis on my hands

Customer Question

I have got contact dermatitis on my hands and they keep breaking out in small spots then the skin goes thick on my fingers and peels off. This has been going on now for about 8 months and although I am using the prescribed creams it is not clearing. How do I find out what is causing it ?? However I came back 2 weeks ago from a week's holiday in Majorca and my hands cleared up but a couple of days back and they have broken out again so it is obviously something here. This is so frustrating. I have tried not using nail varnish but that has made mo difference and although I suppose it is a process of elimination I don't know what else it could be. I am using gloves to wash up as I thought it coul be the washing-up liquid but that's made no difference either. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Sorry should also have said that the palms of my hands also get covered in small spots which break out and skin which is very sore.
Category: Dermatology