dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Hi I woke up yesterday morning noticing that a mole on my

Customer Question

I woke up yesterday morning noticing that a mole on my stomach had bled overnight
I have had this mole since I was young and it never cause me problems so I was surprised to see this happening.
Looking at the mole closer I noticed that I scratched it by mistake which may have caused the bleeding.
When I checked the mole again last night, it had developed a dark redish circle around it, like a fading bruise, with the edges still dark but the inner part clear.
I am getting seriously concerned because the mole hurts a bit and I don't know if it's just from the trauma of the scratching or something more serious. I will go to see the A&E tomorrow but any advice would be helpful
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You could have scratched it
But any bleeding mole needs and exam.
Do you have a picture?