Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Good Morning Dear Sir/ Madam, I was wondering if you could

Good Morning Dear Sir/ Madam, I was wondering if you could kindly help me, I have suffered from TMJ for the last three years now and with that loads of other health-issues has risen, I have for the last 6 weeks suffered from a butterfly looking red/ scaly/ thick rash on my forehead, bridge of the nose and both cheeks, this is a big problem for me since I have tried different remedies – creams (steroids) from my GP – no improvement whatsoever, I’m very scared now, please I need some expertise, this facial rash is very problematic since it has gotten worse and no one wants to take me seriously, (my GP to be exact), but I need your kind advice,
Many Thanks in advance for your time,
Kind regards,
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--it would help greatly if you could post a photo on this page please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr Chip,

Hope you are well,

Many thanks for your vast reply, I shall try to attach a photo as soon as possible, I just need some assistance, so hopefully I will attach this photo this evening as soon as I can after work, please bare with me, and many thanks in advance for your patience and kind help,

Have a wonderful day, thanks again for your attention in regards ***** ***** issue,

Kind regards,

Lynne

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I'll be here when you can get the photo to me Lynne
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr Chip,

My apologise for this very late reply, I have been too busy to be able to sort the picture out I’m afraid, very sorry yet again,

Just to let you now Dear Dr Chip – my rash is very similar-looking to the sufferers of Lupus, I have exactly the same kind of rash/ shape (butterfly) across my face, specially over the forehead/ bridge of the nose and across both cheeks, also I have joint-pain and big, swollen lymph nodes if that would be of any kind of “help”, I will try to get back to you in regards ***** ***** picture, but please go ahead and let me know your thoughts still, I think I might have lupus – since it looks like my immune system’s been collapsing over the last months, also my left ear has gone “deaf”, I’m very scared about this, but I haven’t found a suitable expert to help me in this,

Thanks again for your kind action in this matter, have a very good day, looking forward hearing from you shortly,

Best Regards,

Lynne

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Lynne. Has your doctor run an autoimmune screening blood panel on you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr Chip,

Many thanks for your kind and vast reply,

No actually, my GP refuses to test me for this, he says there is no way I have an autoimmune disease, but still I have all of the symptoms, but my so called GP/ Doctor won’t test me still, he just provides and describes all sorts of creams and other things but to no avail, none of them are working, I’m so sad and flustered and desperate, no one wants to take me seriously, please advise Dear Dr Chip, I really appreciate your kindness,

Kind Regards,

Lynne

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
I understand Lynne. Given the rash and your other symptoms I find it incredible that your doctor won't at least screen you for lupus. I wish I could change his mind for you but I would suggest you at least ask him to refer you to a rheumatologist for the joint pain since at lest he can do the screening
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr Chip for your reply, I understand the way I would probably need to go now, just one question please; would it work, I mean would it be more efficient if I would to go to an AE department instead in let's say a London Hospital? Do you Dr think that that way would be quicker as well as more efficient in regards ***** ***** so called waiting times? I need to also mention that it is so very difficult to even book an appointment with your own GP since I am working full time, Many thanks for your kind action in this and advise, it calms me somehow to now know that some people might actually know certain things in order for you to get help faster, specially when it comes to your own health, so many thanks yet again for your attention,

Kind regards,

Lynne

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Sorry for the delay Lynne. In your case I think the AE department would be best since they can do the appropriate autoimmune screen blood work. Hope that works for you and please remember to rate my service to you