Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

So I gathered that I am going through the herxheimer effect

So I gathered that I am going through the herxheimer effect reaction
About a month ago I tried this method of oil pulling to get my teeth whiter with coconut oil from tesco...
.I kept it up for about two weeks and it was on & off....after that I started noticing some bad reactions on my skin, which included some rashes all over my body making my body really itchy, after seeing that I stopped immediately with the oil pulling, however my skin is still not clear up to to this day, how do I get rid of this skin allergy?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you describe the rashes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They're all over my body, mainly arms chest stomach and shoulders...they're like big itchy black dots which are very uncomfortable to look at; if I don't touch them nothing happens however if I do they become irritable and very itchy.

Is there a cream or a home remedy I could apply to get rid of them please ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--sorry for the delay. Could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please see attached...my arm and my bodybody

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. These look like seborrheic keratoses. Not cancer and really not serious but obviously bothersome for you. You can try over the counter tretinoin cream three times a day for two weeks but if that doesn't clear this up I'd suggest you see a doctor--preferably a dermatologist--for prescription tretinoin cream
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok where can I find this cream?

And how dangerous is it?

Is there any other solution rather than the cream? does that mean I'm allergic to coconut oil?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Nothing dangerous and you can get the cream over the counter at any apothecary or drug store. It would seem you have a coconut allergy so I would avoid anything with coconut in it. These may resolve in time but the cream will accelerate that process
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience: Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems