dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I developed a skin eruption on my forehead nearly three weeks

Customer Question

I developed a skin eruption on my forehead nearly three weeks ago.It became very angry looking ,sore and itchy at times.it appeared as lots of discrete red areas but merging together many with white spots.I saw my doctor two weeks ago who said the latter indicated an infection and prescribed me Flucloxacillin 500 mg.This had only minimal effect.A week ago he prescribed a further course of Flucloxacillin plus fucidin cream ( fucidic acid). Although the white spots have gone the red areas remain with some raised areas and the antibiotics don't seem to be resolving the underlying condition
My eyes have remained hot feeling and sore throughout. Also but probably unrelated I became and have remained very lethargic since the start and sleeping during day time

What do you think my skin condition condition could be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This indeed sounds like infection, but you are not on the correct treatment.
Can you attach a picture