dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

initially thought to be a fungus it was all in the areas which

initially thought to be a fungus it was all in the areas which fungus is expected now has spread to other parts of body extremely painful green brown plus excluding what treatment is recommended pleae help
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

Is it possible to forward a photograph of the rash?

Customer:

no im sorry I not computer savvy

Customer:

no im not computer savvy.

dermdoc19 :

I am a bit confused about the language in your question. Did you mean "green brown PUS EXUDING. hat treatment is recommended, please help".

Customer:

now my gp think I have severe intertrigo but no real answer as how to treat me they have stopped all creams just on antibiotics meantime getting worse any suggestions?

dermdoc19 :

Yes. The areas of involvement should be cultured and it should be determined what bacteria is causing the problem. This will also tell you which antibiotic would be the most appropriate. If the culture is negative, you should have a skin biopsy. There are a number of skin conditions which may start in the areas of intertrigo ( armpits and groin) and spread. Hailey-Hailey disease is one which comes to mind. However unless a skin biopsy is done your doctor ( if there is no response to the antibiotic) is only guessing.

dermdoc19 :

Hailey-Hailey is very painful. Another skin condition which is painful is a MRSA infection. This is a more aggressive staph infection. However, this too can be treated with an appropriate antibiotic. There is a skin condition called Sweet's Syndrome which is also one in which the skin develops painful lesions.

dermdoc19 :

Hailey-Hailey is a condition in which there is a defect in the way the epidermis is made. It is not serious but can be difficult to treat. Often the ares of Hailey-Hailey become infected.

dermdoc19 :

I would be happy to answer further questions, and/or clarify the above.

Customer:

Now two nurses have said it actually looks like radiation burns but I only had 2 xs lately having said that I did hav a slight rash while receiving them is it possible that they could have aggravated the rash?

dermdoc19 :

I was not aware of the radiation history. What was being treated and where?

Customer:

my g.p thought there was a swelling in my sternum it was x rayed 3 weeks ago then about 10 days after an x ray for pain in the right lower back..

dermdoc19 :

So this was an X ray and not radiation treatment for a tumor. It would be very unlikely, if not impossible for a couple of diagnostic X rays to cause radiation burns. My advice would to have the areas cultured, perhaps for MRSA ( methicillin resistant staph) and/or biopsied ( a simple skin biopsy) which would tell you your answer.

Customer:

Just discovered that I have proteus sspp + Is that serious?