dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

having good skin isnt just down to creams but what works on

having good skin isn't just down to creams but what works on the inside how do I get better skin all over especially my legs my skin is thin I want nice legs. also doctors always say shaving doesn't make hair growth worse what is wrong with me then I don't have hormone problem nor pco syndrome I have read it can be down to the adrenal glands who could I go to to have more advanced tests
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 3 years ago.

dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

dermdoc19 :

I am a bit confused. Are you asking for a skin care regimen to thicken the skin...i.e. your skin on your legs is too thin? Or is the problem that the hair on your legs is too thick quickly.

Customer:

I would like to improve the condition of my skin all over particulary my legs

dermdoc19 :

I have a few suggestions: AmLactin or another alpha hydroxy acid containing product such as Lac-Hydrin would be good for your legs. It adds moisture and normalizes the skin. It promotes a little bit of skin thickening too. Another good product would be Cerave Moisturizing Cream since this restores the skin barrier funciton. Orally: CoffeeBerry ( green coffee) 400 mg, zinc gluconate 25 mg. a day; Vitamlin C 500 mg. twice a day; and Lycopene 15 mg. a day are all helpful.

dermdoc19 :

The hormonal testing which can be done would include free testosterone, DHEA-S, and prolactin and FSH. Were these done in your case?