Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Hi - I am a 29yr old male who has been on two prior roaccutane

Customer Question

Hi - I am a 29yr old male who has been on two prior roaccutane courses in the last 10yrs. First one was roughly aged 18 and then a follow up course again when I was 22 or 23yrs old. In the last few weeks and months I have had a resurgence of occasional pus spots and bigger non pus spots on my face. They are taking longer to disappear and restricting certain social obligations. It is not the volume which I am suffering but the location of these few spots and duration taken to disappear. I am currently using freederm gel but that is an off-the-shelf product and i wanted to ask if there is a prescirbed stronger gel or cream or alternatively should i consider a third course of roaccutane as i feel it may be more beneficial to cure this from inside rather then an external cream or gel. I am planning to get married and settle down in the next year or so therefore a treatment which cures from the inside would be much rather preferred.
Kind Regards, Sanjay
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay but your question just became available to me. I'd suggest you try a month's worth of doxycycline 100mg a day first. This is usually very effective and doesn't have the potential risks of Accutane to a female of your age.