Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Hi. My daughter is 11.10 months and has had dry skin all her

Hi. My daughter is 11.10 months and has had dry skin all her childhood. Her skin is dry all over her body but the really dry bits are mainly on her arms, from the wrist to the shoulder. The skin feels dry and bumpy. There are no abrasions and she does not bleed or have open wounds. She is fed up with it and it makes her feel self-conscious about wearing sleeveless dresses and her friends remark on it. This summer we are going to a hot country and it would be amazing if she could get rid of it before we go on holidays in just over weeks time. Many thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. For now I'd suggest vitamin A oral supplements as well as vitamin E lotion and calendula cream. Zinc supplements can also help as can omega 3 fatty acids. All that said, you should have her doctor OK all of these before she starts the regimen